Shangri-La
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening Salvos

2 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Opening Salvos - Page 12 Empty Re: Opening Salvos

Post  Seth Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Tracey referred with Pryor for a moment about food, but her arrival and departure was near invisible amidst all the hubbub - Pryor made it clear they might be expecting a lot of guests, all shortly, and that the newest arrival to the Daig family would probably be the center of attention very quickly. His prediction was accurate - even as Pryor and Amara and Xiantha cooed and fussed and chattered with Hammer and Eve, the new arrivals began to come up - first Patrick and Ant, hot on the heels of Xiantha. The next elevator disembarkment brought up Tiao and Devon. Eve seemed just as happy and ready to show off her own baby as Amara was, and at last for a while there was a reprieve of those who knew and those who didn't - and both of the baby girls seemed to eat up attention happily, not fussing when they were passed from person to person, and just as happy to return to their mothers arms for a time and get a nap and a short reprieve.

By the time Tracey had finished dinner, the list of guests had grown - Teala, Josie, and Lisa had made their way up as well, along with Lulu and Linda, the triplets making rounds with hugs and congratulations - Lisa had unabashedly filled in Amara's tailors on the details of her new 'psyche relocation program,' and Inara and Llewellyn followed at the tail of the new procession. Inara greeted Amara with a black ball of fur, trading the kitten for another chance to hug and kiss baby Annabelle. For his part, Blackie seemed to take to Amara just as well, greeting her with a lick across her nose and mouth, then headbutting her squarely in on the chin.
Seth
Seth
Admin

https://shangrila.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JanetJulian Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:09 pm

Xi hugged the brothers when they arrived, and then not to be outdone hugged Tiao and Devon when they turned up as well. She was pleased to see Devon was walking again and drew her off for a short conversation once she'd had her chance to coo at the babies.

Amara was happy to see them as well, showing off little Annabelle like the proud mama she was, while chattering with Eve about all manner of baby trivia. Xi wooped when the triplets all turned up, hugging each of them as well and Josie too, though she avoided any more kissing adeptly enough. Hopefully Lisa had filled him in a bit in the interim. It was good to see Lulu and Linda again and while Amara lost herself in baby chatter, Xi was happy to catch up and find out what Linda and Lisa had been up to on the station, telling the story of the run through the asteroids at least three different times, each more embellished than the last as the brothers and Lisa added details. She gave Lisa lots of credit with her magic program, telling her father he had to see it operating and that they could make millions selling it.

It wasn't too much longer that Inara and Llewellyn arrived. Xi was chatting away and missed the entrance, but Amara turned at the sound of the elevator and smiled to see her old friends. She chuckled when Inara traded her kitten for baby, a bit bemused to find herself with a handful of black fur and sandpaper tongue. She rubbed his fluffy sides and chuckled.

"He's like an inkspot," she exclaimed, turning to Pryor with the handful of kitten while Inara hugged and kissed the baby.
JanetJulian
JanetJulian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Her brothers hugged her just as soundly back, but they seemed just as pleased to be at what was quickly becoming an impromptu family gathering. Devon was still a little stiff in her walks and her hugs, but her physical therapy was getting her out of her chair more and more; she'd been losing progress until Tiao came along and lightened her load, letting her get the rest and recovery time she needed to balance work and her own recovery.

The triplets were doing their own quick catch ups, but they were happy to return Xiantha's hugs. Linda was making herself very useful as Devon's lieutenant; she got to be the 'problem-solver' on the station, when a crew got unruly or theft or some bit of crime came to security's attention. Hammer could handle brute force intimidation, but Linda had swagger and a keen eye. Lulu's dress business was booming - she did only a handful of commissions, but some of the other boutiques were paying to copy her designs, or commissioning lines for their exclusive use. It was exciting and challenging and she felt a little bit as if someone was playing a grand joke on her; as if at any time they might realize she was just some girl from a dustbowl in the Rim, and not a Sihnon-trained design maven.

Pryor gave an amused chuckle at the mention of seeing the program operate. "I don't think your mother's going to be letting me fly into any asteroid fields anytime soon," he said. "But if it's everything you're saying, we might have to give it away - if it'll get food and medicine into the Core, I can't see charging folks for a way of surviving the trip."

Inara chuckled. "And he's very jealous of little Annabelle," she added with amusement. "He kept trying to pounce her when all the girls started cooing over her." She gave Blackie a scritch on the ears, as he slipped up Amara's shoulders and gnawed at her hair, batting a paw into the dark locks.
Seth
Seth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanetJulian Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:18 am

Xi was quite pleased to see how the sisters were fitting in. Linda seemed much happier and surprisingly less stressed given all that was going on, and Lulu seemed completely transported. Xi spent a bit of time teasing her and threatening to pinch her if she refused to believe it was all real.

Xi shrugged. "If you think that's best," she said, feeling certain that her dad would know what was needed. And it was true that they already had all the money they could use. Though theoretically much of it remained in Core banks, so possibly they had almost nothing. Either way, they had each other and the station and the ships, so she figured they'd get by.

A little later as the bustle continued and hors d'oeuvres started to arrive she pulled Ant and Patrick aside and nodded towards her father, currently bouncing Annabelle on his knee. "You know, you might want to ask him for my hand. He's old fashioned like that." She glanced at the brothers to see what they thought of that.

Amara frowned at the kitten, though it was impossible to remain angry at the little bundle of energy as he climbed up to her shoulder and began playing with her hair. "He's a silly thing. Who does he belong to?"

JanetJulian
JanetJulian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:13 am

Linda's only sardonic complain was having so much time to herself that she was actually starting to think about having a personal life. Lulu laughed and turned her bottom towards Xiantha - "You might as well pinch, then, because I'm not sure I ever will." They told an amusing story after, as well - about Linda meeting a guy in a bar, making out with him only to be called away on station business a few minutes later - than arresting him an hour later when he'd mistaken Lulu for Linda and tried to pick up where they left off.

Patrick and Ant looked over to Pryor - though Patrick his his grimace well, unable to hide his thoughts about how the man might feel about him as a son in law. Ant nearly made his way over that moment, but Patrick put a hand on his wrist, shaking his head and gesturing around to the party. "Later," he said, and Ant gave a shrug of agreement. He slipped close to Xiantha and gave her a peck on the cheek.

Inara chuckled. "Xiantha found him on Jack's ship. But she doubted Jack owned him - no bowls, no collar, no sign they'd known about him. So I think she adopted him." She slipped down next to Amara, glancing towards Llewellyn - she still had her straight posture, her firm jaw, but there was something a bit more ethereal in her, and Amara could see the bloodshot in her eyes. "Llewellyn was amazing in there," Inara said quietly. "Dedicated to all the girls, selfless. Not a mean word," she said, as though the last part was the most surprising to her.
Seth
Seth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanetJulian Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:59 am

Xi chuckled and happily obliged, then laughing over their story. "I hope you let him go," she said. "Or made it up to him." She grinned, happy to see that Linda was finally showing interest in someone. After all that had happened back on their home world, she'd been a bit worried that Linda had been turned off of any kind of fraternization.

She smiled at the two brothers, giving each a hug and a chaste sort of kiss. She knew it was going to be hard with Patrick, but it wouldn't be any easier if she just announced it outright and being asked might just touch him. She figured it was worth a try anyway.

"Oh, and be nice to Josie. I had a thing for him for a long time and we eventually got around to doing something about it, but we were heading in different directions. But he's good folk. He's the one who taught Teala engineering. Used to run the department on the El before he graduated to running a shipyard instead."

Amara continued to play with the kitten, watching Annabelle's progress from one person to another. Inara drew her gaze towards Llewellyn and she nodded. "I was going to ask you how she was doing. I'm - well, I'm sorry about what happened to her. I wish we could have done something sooner. But it's good to know she handled it as well as anyone could." She squeezed Inara's hand. "How about you? How are you doing?"
JanetJulian
JanetJulian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:10 am

"I was going to," said Linda. "Then he got all loopy over twins and having the both of us, so I let him sleep it off in the brig overnight. Wasn't so interested in the morning," she chuckled.

Patrick nodded, giving her a hug, and a squeeze that ran down her backside but was outside of Pryor's line of sight.

Patrick chuckled. "Man rolled in and kissed my fiancee," he said with a shrug. "Gonna have to be a talk."

Inara squeezed Amara's hand back, giving her a small smile. "I'm fine," she promised. "Well - little traumatized when I thought you died," she admitted. "Really traumatized. But I'm told you're alive, and River's alive, and... I think things will work themselves out." She leaned over to peck Amara's cheek. "And I think once you're all... straightened out, you and Ellen should bury the hatchet. And not in her head."
Seth
Seth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanetJulian Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Xi snorted. "His loss."

She chuckled at Patrick and poked him. "He didn't know I was your fiance. You forgot to hang a sign on me." She held up her bare hand and wiggled it.

Amara nodded and gave Inara a hug. "Sorry about that. Wasn't one of my better times either." She exhaled. "I hope so, we'll see." She looked down. "It's very odd being someone else. Kind of nice for a while, but eventually you want to go home and relax." She twisted her lips into a wry smile, glancing back at 'Ellen'. "I'd be happy to." She leaned back and then looked at Inara again. "I - we need to talk about this more seriously, but I'm going to give up the Guild. My head is just not in it. Not with all of this and Annabelle and everything. It needs someone who can really focus on it."
JanetJulian
JanetJulian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Patrick chuckled. "Which is why t's only a talking," he teased. "And we'll get you some 'Lewis Brothers Property' signs soon enough." He winked at her, then glanced at the bare finger, and laughed at Ant. Ant smiled more peaceably. "Bare lookin' finger, that." He had an odd thought cross his mind - about a ring perfect for Xiantha, but he poked her when he realized his telepathic fiancee was standing right nearby. "Outta my head," he whispered. "Leave me some surprises."

Patrick chuckled. "Ring? Woman's got my hat. She owns me." He threw her a wink.

Inara chuckled. "You definitely had the worst of it," she said, her voice soft. She nodded at the explanation of what it was like to be someone else, and gave a sympathetic nod. "I imagine it must be frustrating, but - make lemonade. Find out what's fun about your new body, and take advantage, or you might think you missed out on something when you go back."

She pursed her lips at the mention of the Guild, reaching over to tickle Blackie's nose, and smiled when the kitten took an opportunistic swipe at her fingers. "Do I get a say? I mean, given, there might not even be a Guild in a few days. But there's hundreds of women ought here who need a Bodhisattva, and one of them is me." She reached over and squeezed Amara's hand. "I get your not going to be running things on a minute to minute basis, and I can be the... figurehead or whatever. But it still needs your wisdom, and it still needs to be reshaped, and it needs... our vision, not just mine."
Seth
Seth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanetJulian Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:53 am

She chuckled. "Why do I think it's be four feet by four feet and made out of wood?" She grinned at the two of them and flushed a little at Ant's whisper. "Not trying," she whispered back. "Stop thinking so loud." But she did put extra effort into not reading his thoughts, which wasn't as hard as it might have been in such a crowded room. Patrick's comment and wink made her laugh. "So I do," she triumphed, "got it stored somewhere nice and safe, too."

Speaking of which she should get them something too. Or was that just for the wedding? She had trouble keeping track of the customs. Maybe she could make them bracelets. She'd used to be good at weaving them.

Amara nodded at Inara and chuckled. "Oh, I think I'm doing that. Tiao has me doing gymnastics. It'd exhilarating. Been a long time since I stood on my hands." She leaned back and smiled at Inara. "Not sure," she said honestly, but I suppose you might be able to change my mind. Personally I think you'll do great on your own. And I think Ellen has a lot of promise as well - always did, truth be told. Just wished she would get rid of the chip on her shoulder, but maybe that's happened now.

"Just not sure I have the perspective any more to do it justice."
JanetJulian
JanetJulian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:01 am

"Wood?" said Patrick with a snort. "I was thinking a big ole tattoo." He held his hands out, pretending to measure how much space he would need trying to cover as much of her body as he could. "Think 'Trespassers Will Be Shot' is redundant?" Ant laughed aloud as she accused him of thinking loudly. Patrick rolled his eyes at the mention of the hat. "Well, I suppose that's better than wearing it to bed every night to remind me who wears the hat in the relationship."

Inara laughed. "Really? We really need to get Pryor making bigger demands on you," she teased. Inara smiled. "At most, I might be willing tl let you demote yourself and just lead a house. I was thinking that a house for pregnant companions - where they don't get pressured to make a choice, they learn a thing or two about being a mother, with access to doctors and good natal care - it would be a good thing. Maybe learn something about relationships instead of clients."

She squeezed Amara's leg. "Maybe you have just the perspective you're supposed to have."
Seth
Seth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanetJulian Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:05 am

Xi chuckled. "Probably," she said, slapping playfully at his hands, thinking they needed to talk, though Patrick was making his position pretty darn clear.

Her smiled turned evil as he went on about the hat. "Oooo ... now there's an idea." She winked at him. "I think I'd look right sexy in your hat and nothing else."

Amara laughed and shook her head. "Stop it, you'll scare the poor man," she said, eyes dancing in amusement. She considered and shrugged. "It would be a good idea. Not really a house, more a service - women from all kinds of houses could become pregnant. Maybe a waystation while they go through the initial stages and figure things out." She looked interested at least, which was more than she had before. "Let me think more about it."

She smiled at the end. "I guess I just have the one I've got. Though I did - well, I did work again for a bit. To get Xi her fast ship."

JanetJulian
JanetJulian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Patrick was teasing - he thought there was little chance she's actually go in for anything which 'delcared ownership' in one form or another, and the last thing he wanted to do was mar Xiantha's perfect, scarless skin. But he enjoyed teasing her, just as he enjoyed being teased.

He laughed. "I think you'd look right sexy in any hat and nothing else," he chuckled, smacking her hip lightly and then pulling her close for a kiss. "Hazard o' being so sexy."

Inara laughed. "Well, if you're not doing a handstand during sex at least once a week, you're not doing it right." She winked and elbowed Amara in the ribs. "See, this is what comes of marriage. Get settled, lower your standards of wild and kinky." She was teasing, light hearted. "I guess I'll just have to come back into the bedroom with the two of you, crack the whip a bit and raise the bar." She wrapped her arms around Amara's shoulders, giving her a peck on the cheek after an exaggeratedly long suffering sigh.

"I want it to be a house," she said. "For long term - I want there to be the prominence associated, so nobody can look down their nose at a pregnant companion. I know what you're saying, but - I think it deserves recognition, and a new way of thinking."

She laughed. "Really?" She blinked in surprise. "Oh, don't let Ellen hear. Nine tenths of her customers are the regulars you ditched when you got married."

Seth
Seth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanetJulian Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:20 pm

She loved teasing Patrick - and being teased for that matter - and as usual it got her blood up. She made a warm sound as he pulled her close and gave him a kiss that was definitely not just a peck, though not quite what she was capable of outside her father's vicinity. "Think you'd look pretty sexy in the hat and nothin' else too," she replied, tickling his ribs. "Maybe we should trade."

Amara chuckled. "I think the bar is plenty high," she said, sliding a glance over to where Pryor was holding court with babies and women with only Hammer to back him up. She smiled at Inara and hugged her back, laughing as the kitten jumped from her shoulder to Inara's. "I agree on the new way of thinking," she said. "We can talk about the rest at a better time."

She glanced over at Llewellyn and then back at Inara. "Truly?" It surprised her. She thought Ellen went more for the stuffy rich set.
JanetJulian
JanetJulian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 pm

He chuckled and kept her held close, nuzzling and enjoying the long kiss. His hand was in a thoroughly inappropriate place on her bottom, and he glanced down at her makeshift cowgirl halter top. "Dunno. Get you some denims and cowboy boots, I think it's as much your look as mine. Maybe we'll just have to find you your own hat." He ran his hand across her bottom, and from the feel of the hard length pressed against her, he wouldn't be opposed to disappearing into a guest room for a little while with her.

Pryor seemed to be doing alright for himself - though the familiar face of Sylvia had somehow joined the mix, and was just leaning over to give him a congratulatory hug when she glanced over. Pryor had somehow ended up with both MJ and Annabelle on his lap, and he gave a smile to Amara as she glanced his way. Inara nodded. "Of course. Your party," she grinned. "Though I'm gonna hunt down your chef and find out how much longer she's going to keep us waiting on food."

She rose, then paused at the question. "It's... you too had a lot in common. Refinement. Elegance. Class. She was just... in your shadow. When you weren't available anymore, they sought out the..."

She paused, and swallowed. "They called her the poor man's Amaryllis. It's why Jarrod took her. It wasn't an attack on the Guild, it was... " She paused, not finishing the sentence, and instead reached to squeeze Amara's shoulder.
Seth
Seth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanetJulian Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Xi grinned up at Patrick, almost forgetting the rest of the party. "Or maybe we'll get you another one so I can wear yours. I'm rather passing fond of it." She was pressed so tight against him that rubbing was almost beside the point and her gaze skipped across the party for a moment trying to figure out if she could manage an escape before landing on Ant, providing what cover he could for their antics. She smiled wryly at him and looked back at Patrick. "You're a terrible influence," she told him and then kissed him again, unable to stop herself.

Amara returned Pryor's smile, glad to see him so happily ensconced, though she figured it was time to check on him to make sure he wasn't over extending himself. She nodded at Inara and rose, looking down as her friend continued talking about Ellen, surprise registering on her much more open face. "I - had no idea." She said, voice soft and honest. "No wonder she hates me." She stole a look at Ellen and then back at Inara, not at all sure what she could say that would make any difference at all. Pity would be even worse than dislike. She sighed softly, gave Inara a slight smile and then moved towards Pyror, leaning against the back of his wheelchair and reaching over his shoulder to stroke Annabelle's soft head.

"Hey there. You look like you're having fun." She took a closer look at Pyror, trying to gauge how tired he was.
JanetJulian
JanetJulian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:00 pm

He chuckled. "Now you're just trying to get yourself in trouble," he chuckled. He slipped his hand inside the back of her leathers, fingers sliding over her buttocks and down between her thighs. They were well shielded by people, well wishers, and he pulled her closer in a squeeze as fingers teased at her sex. Ant stood nearby, watching with amusement, then he caught her look and gave a sweeping glance around the party. "Mmm,,," chuckled Patrick, at her whisper and kiss. "Said the kettle." He teased a bit during the kiss, then leaned back with a chuckle. "This big fancy house got a guest bed? Or I just gotta haul you into the first bathroom I find?" Ant gave a slight nod of his head towards Pryor and Amara, intending to interpose himself in case one of the two of them glanced up.

Inara gave a small frown. "She doesn't hate you," she said softly. "She's... she did. She doesn't. She realized what you went through with Jarrod, when you were his for years, and... she doesn't hate you," she promised.

Pryor smiled as she slid closer, leaning to peck her cheek. He was enjoying himself too much to feel properly tired, enjoying being around so many people, and enjoying bouncing the two babes in his arms. "Remember which one is yours, mama, or we just gonna keep em both?" he smiled, his eyes light.

Ant pushed through the crowd, kneeling down in front of Annabelle. The sight of him - the presence of his bulk, the clean lines of his face, gave Amara a memory not her own - of the huge man atop River, sliding into her, waves of pleasure as the lithe girl had arched against him. It sent waves of heat through Amara more intense than even Hammer had given her - he was a mere approximation, but it was Ant the young girl lusted after so hungrily.
Seth
Seth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanetJulian Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 pm

"I rather like bein' in trouble," she agreed, inhaling as he slipped his hand into her already tight leathers and she managed to find a way to press even harder against him. She chased the tease, sliding her own hands under his shirt, knowing already that she was a goner.

"I'm sure it's got guest beds," she told him, glancing over towards her parents and then forcing herself to slide back away so that his hand came out of her pants. She took his other hand and with a parting glance at various people and a whisper of thanks to Ant who seemed intent on distracting her parents, pulled him off down the hall looking for an unoccupied room.

Amara hesitated at Inara's news, she bit her lip and nodded once. "We should probably ... talk. Sometime." She wasn't sure she was up to it now and she slipped away towards Pryor, amused by his teasing. "Well the other one is awfully cute. But that Eve can be pretty mean, not sure I'd cross her." She kissed Pryor's cheek and started to reach down to steal Annabelle back when her gaze caught sight of Ant kneeling down in front of the wheelchair. She inhaled as a stab of pure lust ran through her and she made an odd sort of gurgling sound in her throat, her grip suddenly moving to the handles of the chair to steady herself. The sensory memory was so complete that she wasn't quite sure whether she had actually orgasmed on the spot, but it was damn close either way.

She bit her lip and closed her eyes, refusing to look at him again while she struggled to get her breathing under control.

JanetJulian
JanetJulian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:45 pm

More like you like being trouble,”  Patrick chuckled.  He smiled at her hands beneath his shirt, wiggling his fingers before she extricated herself and drew away. “Oh, well, you better show me one of them,” he said softly.  “On account of wanting to make a good impression and not take you in front of your whole family.”

He gave her another light smack as warning, letting himself be drawn off with her.

Pryor laughed.  “Mean?  You told me she was a daisy.  Said she could stay with us a while.  She won’t miss one little baby, right?”  He teased, his eyes twinkling.  He grew a bit surprised when she looked up and seemed to freeze, drawing a glance between her and Ant, uncertain what was happening.  She’d never looked at him with quite that same glaze in her eye

“Am – River?” he asked, reaching out to touch her hand where she held the chair.  It was as much as he culd manage with his hands full of baby.  She still hadn’t made a scene, yet – the others weren’t quite moving, or looking their way, but Ant’s brow was knit with concen.  He reached a hand for her, as well, steadying, but his skin burned electric where it touched hers.

“Are you alright?”
Seth
Seth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanetJulian Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Xi laughed softly. "Oh how well you know me. Sure you know what you're getting yourself into?" She arched a brow at him and chuckled at his reasoning, smacking him back just as lightly before moving down the hall. She opened a few doors at random and then pushed him through one, closing the door behind her and leaning on it.

"Ok, cowboy, you're all mine now," she told him, dark eyes shining. "Let's see what you got 'neath them fancy clothes."

Amara missed the tease, too caught up in fighting off her body's response to Ant to respond. She looked down, eyes closed, hair hanging in front of her face, at least until Ant touched her, then she jerked away, taking a few steps back like he'd hit her with a live wire. She swallowed and rubbed her wrist where he'd touched her, eyes lingering on him for a moment before forcibly returning to her husband.

"I, uh .. umm, sorry, I just need to sit down. Excuse me." She turned and ran - a bit more literally than she'd initially intended. Her heart was racing and her body was on fire and she just needed to be out of there.
JanetJulian
JanetJulian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12